[development] node caching

Steve Rude steve at achieveinternet.com
Thu Aug 30 17:20:47 UTC 2007

+100 on this.  I believe this to be a worthy cause.  I have been
feverishly working on the APC module (d.o/project/apc) to get it ready
for D6 to have an out of the box single server non-db caching option
(that doesn't require running memcached processes).  I really believe
that the work that RD has done on the advcache stuff is _GREAT_ since I
have personally seen it running in the "real world" and would be much
easier to implement with just being able to turn the module on much the
same way you can do with the pluggable caching.

Without this functionality,  we will never get to test that code
sufficiently at the magnitude we need to in order to have a really solid
caching solution for nodes.

Please, please, please let's consider adding this hook or at least keep
the patch and make it a configurable option that is turned off by default.

Maybe it is just too late in the game now.

Steve Rude