[development] how your releases interact with update_status (please read)

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Wed Dec 5 00:21:04 UTC 2007

Thanks to GHOP[1] participant ezyang[2] and the talk I gave[3] at
BADCamp[4], I'm happy to announce the creation[5] of a new must-read
d.o handbook page for everyone maintaining projects on d.o:

"Releases and Update Status"
http://drupal.org/node/197584

It explains how update_status works, and how the choices you make as
a module maintainer regarding your official releases and project node
settings impact your user base by means of the update_status module
(now in core for D6).

Please read it! ;)

Thanks,
-Derek (dww)

p.s. There are a handful of edge cases and limitations in the current
behavior.  I've posted a proposal to fix them all.  Comments, input,
and/or help would be most welcome:

http://groups.drupal.org/node/7440

[1] http://drupal.org/node/195913
[2] http://drupal.org/user/211688