[development] Files directory on installation usability fix notquite usable. ; )

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 17:44:36 UTC 2007

Ah, this is interesting.

Correct me if I am wrong, but css background images, for example, are
relative according to best practices; likewise, in a module, things like the
following are best practices (if you are forced to invoke from theme):

  <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo base_path() .
'misc/collapse.js'?>"></script>

likewise path_to_theme(), drupal_get_path()

define("JS_directory", drupal_get_path('module', 'this_wonderful_module') .
'/js/');

Anyway, on a joyous note, today Tao Starbow announces yet another module,
scanner, which offers search and replace in configurable content types and
tables... maybe not everything being sought here, but a big help to some of
the PITA procedures being mentioned.

See his Global Search and Replace article
http://www.starbowconsulting.com/node/88

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar