[development] Documented Re: setting mail server for development

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Dec 18 15:21:25 UTC 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 8:51 AM, Augustin (Beginner) <drupal.beginner at wechange.org>
wrote:

> Hello,
>

> On Sunday 16 December 2007 19:54, Augustin (Beginner) wrote:
> > I was trying to debug a patch for devel_issues.module
>
> I obviously meant project_issues.module.
>

> Thanks everyone for your answers. I am now properly set up.
>

> I have documented everything you told me in the handbook:
> http://drupal.org/node/201981
>

> Piermaria's notes allowed me to configure and start postfix, but after
> that, I still was confused about where to find the mails. (I tried
> with the command mail in the console...)
>
> I finally used chx's method, since it's the second one I tried and it
> worked. I had to install the package php-cli, though. It will be
> useful!

A related module is reroute email. It intercepts all outgoing emails and
reroutes them to an address you specify. This is very useful in development
when you have a copy of a live site with thousands of users, and modules
that send email (e.g. subscriptions).

http://drupal.org/project/reroute_email

> So thanks again!
>
> If you want to add anything else, you may as well add it to the
> handbook directly:
> http://drupal.org/node/201981

I will add it there too.

--