[development] Blog API module permissions

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Thu Dec 20 07:22:39 UTC 2007

On Dec 19, 2007, at 10:15 PM, Tony Yarusso wrote:

> I'm not really sure whether this is the right place to send this, so
> feel free to point me in the right direction if not.

The core issue queue would be best:
http://drupal.org/node/add/project-issue/drupal

> I discovered that the Blog API module (core - optional) lacks an
> implementation of hook_perm, making it impossible to use for any user
> other than UID 1.
> /**
>  * Implementation of hook_perm().
>  */
> function blogapi_perm() {
>   return array('edit own blog');
> }

Hrm.  Well, oddly, blogapi.module *does* refer to this permission,
which is defined in blog.module.  Seems there's some unholy
dependencies between the two.  I've never looked at either module
until just now to grep for this, so I'll leave it to someone more
familiar with how these 2 are supposed to interact to either justify
the status quo or propose the right solution.  Either way, that
should happen in the issue queue, not here. ;)

So, please, create an issue for this, and send us a link with the
node id, and then folks can reply there as appropriate.

Cheers,
-Derek (dww)