[development] Getting both better internal and external APIs into Drupal 7

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sat Dec 29 21:29:23 UTC 2007

a) field API is coming. once CCK D6 is out, we will examine the situation.

b) There is already talk and code how to add relationships to schema API thus making node loads (mostly) one query. Some are considering on-demand loading.

c) Also there is talk and code on how registry module hooks. This will also bring some benefits.

d) I plan on working on code to load multiple load at once.

Removing body & friends buys us nothing. Turning into user nodes - nay. User profiles -- maybe. Comments -- yes.

Regards,

NK