[development] Getting both better internal and external APIs into Drupal 7

Dmitri G dmitrig01 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 23:26:17 UTC 2007

On Dec 29, 2007 1:58 PM, Earl Miles <merlin at logrus.com> wrote:

> Dmitri G wrote:
> > I am proposing removing body, title, revisions, and anything like that
> > from the base object of node.  Those get added specifically to what is
> > now node.
> >
> > I also agree with the fact that users can't/won't be nodes, but I think
> > profiles should.  However, that would require nodes (profiles) to be
> > bound users - this could be viewed as good or bad, depending on how you
> > look at it.
>
> I think revisions are currently integral to nodes and must say.

They are to the types of nodes we have now, but I'm proposing that those
could be in the Drupal 7 version of what are nodes now, because I'm not sure
it would be best

> Titles are currently required for administration purposes. Titles must
> stay, but there should probably be a good way to get programmatic titles.

Again, the titles will be specific to the D7 version of what nodes are now.
The node will get re-defined :D

The fact that we have at least 4 implementations of node profiles
> floating around contrib suggests that there is a lot of impetus in doing
> this.

Agreed.  If we do it in core, then it will be more integrated.

And comments are, I think, very important. There are a few critical
> forum features that require that forum replies have all the privileges
> of nodes.

Again, the node will be re-defined.  I am proposing that the node will
really really change