[development] Getting both better internal and external APIs into Drupal 7

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Sat Dec 29 23:40:52 UTC 2007

Dmitri G wrote:
>     I think revisions are currently integral to nodes and must say.
>
> They are to the types of nodes we have now, but I'm proposing that those
> could be in the Drupal 7 version of what are nodes now, because I'm not
> sure it would be best
>

>     Titles are currently required for administration purposes. Titles must
>     stay, but there should probably be a good way to get programmatic
>     titles.
>
> Again, the titles will be specific to the D7 version of what nodes are
> now.  The node will get re-defined :D

I disagree with both of these positions. Revisioning has little to do
with types of nodes; it has to do with administration of nodes and must
be at the lowest level in order to work. If you try to move it, you'll
just break it and we'll lose very important features.

Likewise with titles, I'm not sure that it's likely to be possible to
administer any kind of node system without titles of some flavor.

I disagree that the node system should change that much.