[development] Getting both better internal and external APIs intoDrupal 7

Michelle Cox mcox at charter.net
Sun Dec 30 19:28:33 UTC 2007

On 12/30/2007 10:46:35 AM, Wim Mostrey (drupal at mostrey.be) wrote:
> I don't think bio is a good candidate for this, if the plan is to
> replace the profile module. Bio does not allow to put fields in the user
> registration form, which in my opinion is a required functionality for
> core. From my experience node profile does the cleanest of this (to make
> it core-worthy the node family dependency would need to be dropped of
> course).

I have used both nodeprofile and bio and they are both good modules but I
think recent changes to bio make it just a bit better. As noted elsewhere,
bio now has the ability to put fields on the registration page. Better yet,
it has the ability to _selectively_ put them there, not just dump the whole
node there. Plus, nodeprofile has two module dependencies. Bio is a lighter
solution. I like both modules and nodeprofile is the way to go if you want
multiple node profiles for sure. But if anything would be considered for
core, I would recommend bio as it is a lot lighter weight.

Michelle