[development] Content Type - wiki

Arancaytar Ilyaran arancaytar.ilyaran at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 14:41:35 UTC 2007

> A taxonomy list could be created to help find the wiki content.

If you mean the system that will give wiki nodes a clean, readable
path, I'd suggest this instead:

A menu callback path (named "/wiki/" in the tradition of MediaWiki)
which does a lookup on the concatenated path arguments. That way, a
wiki article would always have a URL that is defined by its title
(even if the title contains slashes).

Issues that come with this:
- Titles must be unique, which wiki_validate() would have to ensure.
- Titles shouldn't be changeable without extra permissions, and
triggering some "move" function that takes care of leaving a redirect
page and things.

Also, redirects - The question is whether you implement them in the
way MediaWiki does (mirroring the target content) or by actually
sending a 3xx HTTP response.

But one note: This shouldn't be part of the core until it has really
matured and is widely used. Until then, it would be just an add-on
module, and I'm not sure this list is the right place for that.

But this is my first message to this list, so don't trust the advice
of the noob. ;)

--
Aran