[development] CVS branch work best practices?

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Fri Feb 2 14:34:18 UTC 2007

Thanks a lot.

Op vrijdag 2 februari 2007 14:14, schreef AjK:
> Then, DRUPAL-6 comes along. Branch my module, wipe HEAD (till next code
> freeze) and continue devel down the DRUPAL-6 branch.
>
> That's how I do it. HEAD itself isn't anything special imho. It's the HEAD
> of your current active branch that's important.

After talknig with ajk a bit about this idea , I summarize:
The basic idea behind all this, is that in a contrib you simply no longer have
a HEAD.

Its just a switch of mindset, not thinking of HEAD as latest but some branch
as latest. Makese sense for cnotrib only, by the way.

One other thing, one should delete all HEAD files except README.txt which
says "Please use a stable release from the DRUPAL_x branch". That way, when
DRUPAL-6 is close people don't try installing ur module expecting it to work.
Policy in the README helps and saves all those "this module dont work" forum

Maybe this can go into a handbook page? ior is it too trivial?

Bèr
--
Drupal, Ruby on Rails and Joomla! development: webschuur.com | Drupal hosting:
www.sympal.nl