[development] Is there any drupal module for creating Multisite configuration?

Michael Favia michael at favias.org
Fri Feb 2 15:56:46 UTC 2007

Pushparajan V wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  Is there any drupal module for creating multisite configuration ? I
> tried provisionator. It is not that maintained and not working in my
> environment. Is there any other module which can do the job?

Drupals built in multisite configuration works in some fringe cases and
Organic Groups solves a large number of others. I'm personally looking
into what changes in core would be necessary to enable it to deal with
multisites with totally shared tables in a shared database natively
while still abstracting the sites as completely separate entities.

I have a number of large deployment use cases where distinct databases
wont work because I need to aggregate nodes easily, partially shared
tables wont work because i need to imploys all type of modules to keep
content, comments, vocabularies, and users from intermingling, and
organic groups requires the retrofit for many contrib modules for
configuration or even implementation in most cases.

If your interested in such a solution and can lend a hand to the
interrogation of its feasibility or implementation your help in any form
is most welcome.

Michael Favia                   michael at favias.org
tel. 512.585.5650        http://michael.favias.org