[development] should tinymce get a new maintainer tinymce

Allie Micka allie at pajunas.com
Mon Feb 5 18:28:54 UTC 2007

On Feb 5, 2007, at 11:12 AM, Boris Mann wrote:
> And, of course, the fact that the users and other developers have been
> trying to get in touch with the maintainer for 3 - 4 weeks with no
> response.

Unfortunately, I feel that our hands are tied on this matter.

It's true that the maintainer has not actively participated in these
threads, closed any issues, or responded to personal emails.
However, he is continuing to commit to this "forked" version.  Last
week, he added a comma-delimited text field where you can type in the
node types you wish TinyMCE to appear on (!).

While he might not be communicating or coding in a way that most of
us would agree with, this module is arguably still being maintained.
Unless we hear otherwise from Drupal-id, I'm afraid that the only
fair choice is to create a *third* TinyMCE project to maintain the un-
forked version.

Hopefully, this can serve as a warning about handing our modules off
to new maintainers.  TinyMCE was an important and popular module, yet
this new maintainer had no previous modules or community
participation.  After 6 months of being listed as a maintainer, the
very first commit - ever - was this controversial fork.

Allie Micka
pajunas interactive, inc.
http://www.pajunas.com

scalable web hosting and open source strategies