[development] special filter behavior for teaser

Rob Barreca rob at electronicinsight.com
Tue Feb 6 07:19:37 UTC 2007

> They want thumbnails
> of images to appear in teaser views, and larger images to appear when the
> entire node body is shown.
The best way IMO is to use CCK and imagefield/imagecache. Then you have
an "image" field and can call a different imagecache preset in your
node-content_whatever.tpl.php file when $teaser is true/false. This is
what I have used in the past for this functionality and works quite well.

If you need to use img_assist (using inline images), you could do this
in hook_nodeapi() as Steven says and shrink down any images, but this
method is a bit clunkier.

Rob Roy Barreca
Founder and COO
Electronic Insight Corporation