[development] special filter behavior for teaser

Steven Wittens steven at acko.net
Tue Feb 6 06:29:12 UTC 2007

> Is there any way for me to accomplish this?  I cannot think of a
> clean way so
> I wonder, should more parameters be passed to the check_markup and
> hook_filter functions?

This has been proposed many times and the past and has been rejected
so far: the point of the filter system is to translate markup. In
order for it to work in all situations, it must be agnostic about its
context.

Sure, some things could be hacked in if we pass in a node or comment,
but there are already other mechanisms in place that are much better
for this. Nodeapi offers plenty of opportunities for altering nodes,
especially now that node output is structured.

Steven Wittens