[development] CCK in Drupal 6

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Tue Feb 6 18:02:24 UTC 2007

I'd like to make a brief plug for dealing with

http://drupal.org/node/87806

This would basically suggest that we make different model types for html
fields vs. other text area fields.

Both would have a default widget of textarea, but providing the data
types would open the door for future validation and wysywig
functionality based on the CKK hooks.

The work that this adds, is that we'd go through core, setting
appropriate filed types as appropriate. For example: the site mission
would be of type 'markup' while the pages field on block configuration
would be of type 'text'.

If the default data types in the forms api or model api, I'd certainly
be willing to submit core patches for the tedious work of setting the
right field type.

This simple work would open the door for TinyMCE and other WYSIWG
editors ad widgets.