[development] should tinymce get a new maintainer tinymce

Anton anton.list at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 20:31:43 UTC 2007

On 06/02/07, Kevin Reynen <kreynen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not going to claim to be a TinyMCE expert, but I have learned a
> lot more about how to configure it since I was allowed/forced to
> configure the theme.js files myself.  The 4.7 module only allowed
> users to select the buttons, not change the order or decide which bar
> they appeared on.  PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think
> there is a way to override the 4.7 module settings with a custom .js
> theme.

The 4.7 module allowed you to set any TinyMCE init settings in a
Drupal theme override function. You could change pretty much any
setting including button locations and orders as well as strictly
restricting the markup it produced. I just used the TinyMCE advanced
theme, then customised it for different Drupal roles in the theme.

Not as easy as a GUI, but better than editing the .js files directly
though IMO. Makes upgrading either TinyMCE or the module much easier
and your TinyMCE config is Drupal 'aware'.

--
Cheers
Anton