[development] should tinymce get a new maintainer tinymce

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 09:40:40 UTC 2007

On 05 Feb 2007, at 23:01, sime wrote:

> 2c not yet spent?
>
> If you disagree with how a maintainer operates, this is no reason
> for a coup. I believe that if negotiations fail, the next step
> should be to fork.

Sometimes, it is OK to have two competing modules -- especially if
both maintainers have a fundamentally different vision.  The best
module will usually win, and the other module will fade away.  If
there is room for both modules/visions, both will diverge and succeed.

My advice -- give drupal-id.com a bit more time to respond.  If he
doesn't respond, fork, or ask drupal-id.com to fork.  I don't think
it is our task to take over drupal-id's module, or to revoke his
rights, because some disagree with his direction.  Just fork.