[development] should tinymce get a new maintainer tinymce

Sam Tresler sam at treslervania.com
Wed Feb 7 15:41:54 UTC 2007

> The bad news...

Ok, I bit my tongue through most of this process, because I didn't feel
I knew the intricacies involved to comment intelligently, but now that
its resolving itself it appears that this poor chap had nothing wrong
but a busy few months, a broken e-mail address, and a little difficulty
with English.

Drupal-id deserves a bit in the way of apology - its a contrib module,
not core, and he took it up when No one else would - it appears just to
get CVS access to work on things his way - since no one else wanted too.

Now that we've spent Many e-mails calling him a poor maintainer in
public He's ACTIVELY SEEKING HELP - now its 'Bad News'? bad news?!

Isn't this great news from this thread's perspective?

Isn't this exactly what a busy 'responsible' module maintainer *should* do?

I ask this in all seriousness as I'm thinking of applying to be a
co-maintainer of a few 'highly-used' modules and if this is the
treatment people who try to help get, I might reconsider.  I'd rather be
fully informed in advance though.