[development] create patch form

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Wed Feb 7 19:21:56 UTC 2007

Darrel O'Pry wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 19:37 +0100, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>
>> I believe that people not able and/or willing to provide proper patches
>> will probably only provide second rate code anyway and it isn't worth
>> the bother.
>>

> I agree with killes. If a user can't diff... I'd expect patches against
> the wrong version of a module and/or patches that provide poor or
> incorrect solutions to problems.

Possibly, but I often get whole modules attached to issues in contrib.
Such a tool would at least put an end to that. I also get many "If you
add this after line 12345...." issues. Often times, in both cases, the
person (arguably with minimal coding skills) has actually identified
(and corrected) a real problem. Reviewing and applying patches instead
of dealing with the cases I mentioned would be easier. Anyway, it would
be cool to build and see what happens. I don't have time to do it.