[development] create patch form

Sam Tresler sam at treslervania.com
Wed Feb 7 19:43:24 UTC 2007

> I agree with killes. If a user can't diff... I'd expect patches against
> the wrong version of a module and/or patches that provide poor or
> incorrect solutions to problems.

This provides a 'standard' to diff that even new users who can diff
might not know.  Windows line breaks, and -p to make things cleaner to
read... Heck, sometimes people just forget those and the maintainer gets
to re-roll the patch anyway.  My windows box I need Cygwin to do a
proper command line diff and I need to run it through dos2unix first...
this would actually make it easier for some developers.

Unless of course, you all are about to point out how I could be doing
this better now, :)

To me the main value in this is a diff validation of sorts.

- Check versions so the module being uploaded _is_ diffed against the
proper CVS version.
- Auto-remove windows line breaks
- Automatically use -p
- Automaticaly determine the right place in the directory structure to
take the diff from (Would allow multiple file uploads I presume)