[development] create patch form

Michael Favia michael at favias.org
Wed Feb 7 22:46:28 UTC 2007

Boris Mann wrote:
> I'm all for lowering barriers to entry. I wonder about the quality of
> code from such a system. Figuring out patch/diff and CVS is good for
> the soul, not to mention best practices of code development.

We are getting the changes presently anyway. They are just in the form
of changed module files that WE have to diff and patch. This has value
for simple edits like people who want to take the time to reformat code
or change strings, etc. While i agree that /I/ think it is valuable to
learn how to "patch dance" i don't want to impose it on contributors who
otherwise dont need to.

Michael Favia                   michael at favias.org
tel. 512.585.5650        http://michael.favias.org