[development] installation profiles on drupal.org

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Fri Feb 16 23:30:16 UTC 2007

On 2/16/07, Jakub Suchy <jakub at rtfm.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
> is it possible to create new project type on Drupal.org - installation
> profile? Some translators have created own installation profiles for
> their translation, blogger installation profile is proposed for Google
> SoC.
> Even people would IMHO notice, that something that installation profiles
> exist and the absolutely greatest thing would be to be able to just
> manage CVS which will automatically pack the profile into
> profile.tar.gz.

It's been discussed. As far as I am aware, there are still zero public
installation profiles other than the "sample" one I have been building
at Bryght (https://svn.bryght.com/dev/browser/bryghtbase/DRUPAL-5/trunk/profiles/basic).

I, personally, would like to SEE some of these install profiles
actually DONE before we make a space for them. At this point...we
don't even know what we need for install profiles...

So...right now my recommendation is

1) make a group on groups.drupal.org for your install profile(s)
2) produce some install profiles
3) let's talk again when we have more install profiles to look at

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747