[development] [infrastructure] installation profiles on drupal.org

Jakub Suchy jakub at rtfm.cz
Sat Feb 17 00:48:11 UTC 2007

> It's been discussed. As far as I am aware, there are still zero public
> installation profiles other than the "sample" one I have been building
> at Bryght (https://svn.bryght.com/dev/browser/bryghtbase/DRUPAL-5/trunk/profiles/basic).
>
> I, personally, would like to SEE some of these install profiles
> actually DONE before we make a space for them. At this point...we
> don't even know what we need for install profiles...
>
> So...right now my recommendation is
>
> 1) make a group on groups.drupal.org for your install profile(s)
> 2) produce some install profiles
> 3) let's talk again when we have more install profiles to look at

There is at least Czech installation profile called cs-5.1.tar.gz,
available at http://www.drupal.cz/files/cs-5.1.tar.gz

It contains:
- Czech language translation
- Pathauto
- Autolocale module

It's based on work of Gabor Hojtsy, who created hu-5.x.tar.gz - one more
installation profile.

I would also like to prepare Drupal for Czech Bloggers (Drupal, WYSIWYG,
Czech social networks links, RSS, Gsitemap)

I am not sure group for Czech installation profile will have some use,
but i can definitely create a group for installation profiles generally.
Well, there is one already: http://groups.drupal.org/distributions

Jakub