[development] installation profiles on drupal.org

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Sun Feb 18 18:07:19 UTC 2007

On 2/18/07, Gabor Hojtsy <gabor at hojtsy.hu> wrote:

> > Sure. Anyone can add book pages. I could add "as soon as there is an
> > install profile more complicated than a simple language translation to
> > link to" to be a bit snarky :P
>
> Boris, the Hungarian install profile, which we ship the Hungarian
> translation in automatically imports the Hungarian translation while you
> install Drupal. It is not yet there, but we will provide real Hungarian
> date formats (via form_alter), and some support for special setups of
> some free hosts in Hungary. I know that these more complex stuff is not
> there yet, but 'simple language translation' is not really that simple
> unfortunately.

Sure...I was not meaning to talk badly about translation bundles...I
fully support this concept and it will be great to have out-of-the-box
localized downloads for all languages from Drupal.org.

My point was that translations are, again, a different beast than more
general install profiles, of which we have none.

I think we're done on this thread, and will wait for the return of DWW
as well as more install profiles.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747