[development] installation profiles on drupal.org

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Sun Feb 18 10:56:18 UTC 2007

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Boris Mann wrote:
> On 2/16/07, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:
>>> However, I agree with Boris Mann here:
>>> If there are some install profiles, the hosting requirements on
>>> drupal.org should be created. But install profiles should come first.
>>
>> Until the chicken-and-egg issue is taken care of (why host profiles until
>> there are enough to be worth it), what about simply having a page on d.o
>> somewhere (probably in the handbook, linked from /handbooks so it's easy
>> find) that points to provided profiles that are hosted off-site?  That
>> shows
>> that they're actually being built and gives a common place to
>> find/publicize
>> new profiles.  Then, when/if they reach some critical threshold (defined
>> as "when Dries and/or Derek decide it's worth it"), CVS can be enhanced
>> as
>> discussed.
>
> Sure. Anyone can add book pages. I could add "as soon as there is an
> install profile more complicated than a simple language translation to
> link to" to be a bit snarky :P

Boris, the Hungarian install profile, which we ship the Hungarian
translation in automatically imports the Hungarian translation while you
install Drupal. It is not yet there, but we will provide real Hungarian
date formats (via form_alter), and some support for special setups of
some free hosts in Hungary. I know that these more complex stuff is not
there yet, but 'simple language translation' is not really that simple
unfortunately.

Gabor