[development] How do you fix this, in theme.inc or the module?

Carl Mc Dade carl_mcdade at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 18:14:42 UTC 2007

If this is true then someone should speak up and I will switch mailinglists immediately. But if  not then  I do not want to further complicate things by taking a posting the same type of questions again to the wrong mailing list.

So what is the rule? Where do questions about contrib module development go?

William Smith <william.darren at gmail.com> wrote: Unless I'm confused about this, the support mailing list is for discussion pertaining to developing *with* Drupal (what you are doing with your module), while the development mailing list is for discussion pertaining to the development of Drupal itself (ie. core).

So with that in mind, while you are developing a 5.1 module, it is a type of development for which questions are better suited in support.

William

On 2/19/07,  Carl Mc Dade <carl_mcdade at yahoo.com> wrote: Did I miss something or is my writing? In the first line of my post I explain that I am updating a module to 5.1. So my post definately belongs here. I am not looking for support but clarity on an issue that was posted. Since that issue came up under my "development" of a  5.1 module.

I am at a total loss as to if the other items you posted about have anything to do with the problem I was having. But if you think it is helping someone I guess it makes sense.

I am pretty much aware of the techniques for debugging. But that was not the question. What I wanted to know was if this issue was resolved by 1) a patch to the core 2) unresolved 3) could be avoided by adjustments in my module code.

In this case it was the modules code. I think a better reply would have been "can you post your code" since I forgot to do so.

But it is done and fixed now so I am on to the next row of code.

 Carl Mc Dade
Web Developer