[development] Summer of Code: Call for mentors/help
drupal-devel at webchick.net
Thu Feb 22 16:44:49 UTC 2007
So 40 paragraphs of text and Heine pointed out that I forgot to
mention what being a mentor involves. ;)
Being a mentor means:
- You have an active interest and skillset in a given project / area.
- You're available for students to ask questions to, to do code
reviews, to help with scoping, etc. (on average, 5-10 hours per week)
- You're checking up on students to make sure they're progressing,
and offering to help when they're not.
- You're keeping in contact with the rest of the mentors and project
administrators if there are any problems.
- You're filling in all the various reports required by Google on time.
- You're nice, and patient, and want to help students succeed. :)
Thanks a lot to the folks who've already signed up for mentoring and
hope to see even more!
More information about the development