[development] Converting stories to pages

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 2 13:12:47 UTC 2007

Quoting Bèr Kessels <ber at webschuur.com>:

> Op dinsdag 2 januari 2007 05:13, schreef Chris Kennedy:
>> You should also submit a feature request for Drupal to have an interface
>> for this. It would be handy and easy to implement.
>
> Please search first. There is at least one issue (I participated in it, hence
> I know, but cannot find it anymore). Read up on the problems, and notice the
> reason why its not there yet (in short: not all nodes are title+teaser+body)

This thread reminds me of a recent post I made "Page vs Story - Again",
I'm sure you all remember.  I still contend that Story should be off on
a new install to prevent the newbie not understanding the difference
from needing to do a conversion in the first place.  Statements were
made that it had to do with workflow but a newbie doesn't realize how
Drupal workflow works upon start.  And worse, story isn't even listed
in the modules for V5 to be turned on or off even though the node type
can be deleted.  Ok, I know about the dynamic "Content Types" and I
understand the reasoning behind it and the fact that modules need to
create a content type but upon installation there isn't an example in
V5 of a module that creates a content type.  IMO, Story needs to be a
module inactive by default that users can activate once they learn what
it can do for them.

Earnie