[development] Subscriptions module for Drupal.org (was Re: You know what would be really cool for d.o?)

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Tue Jan 2 17:23:39 UTC 2007

On Jan 2, 2007, at 6:21 AM, Augustin (Beginner) wrote:
> This implies that one must post a reply if one want to subscribe to
> a thread.
> That's not much different from what people already do: post a
> comment with the
> only word "subscribing" within the comment. We often see that in
> issues.

right.

my preference would be a "subscribe" link right next to the "reply"
link.  they don't want to reply, they just want to subscribe, so it
should be a different action.

for extra credit, we could add the kind of checkbox dries suggests so
that if you want to do both, you can subscribe while you're in the
middle of replying.  but, IMHO that's less important than a subscribe-
only interface.

thanks,
-derek (dww)