[development] Break tag issue compromise

Neil Drumm drumm at delocalizedham.com
Fri Jan 5 12:13:43 UTC 2007

Steven Wittens wrote:
> I've posted a different and more interesting compromise here:
> http://drupal.org/node/107061

I have been staying out of the conversation since I did not notice the
original patch go in and don't want to get involved in a messy
discussion. I have not fully read up on the plentiful discussions.

Steven's new UI element is good functionality, but isn't something I
like see happening in release candidate phase.

The new variable which chx proposed is a hidden setting. By default,
hidden settings are not good since they increase debugging load and code
obscurity. The approach does accomplish the stated goals.

I think the two simplest options are the best- either roll the patch
back, or keep <break />. Rollback is a good option because <!--break-->
has been happily working previously. Keeping <break /> is good because
it is being tested now. Either of these changes should of course come
with any necessary associated cleanup.

--
Neil Drumm
http://delocalizedham.com/