[development] Any Drupal Tools for Automating Staging Site Creation?

Mike Cantelon m_cantelon at straight.com
Fri Jan 5 21:43:05 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Has anyone created any tools for automating site setup?

Basically what I'm doing now each night via a script is:
1) Cloning my production site
2) Replacing certain directories with versions checked out from Subversion
3) Running a series of Linux commands and SQL queries to set up modules
that are in development but have not been deployed to production

Whenever I start development on a new module I have to add to my
mirroring script to automate Drupal setup. I can write some PHP
functions to encapsulate this, but maybe something already exists?

Cheers,
Mike