[development] Move update modules to api.drupal.org

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Thu Jan 18 13:33:35 UTC 2007

Hi,

Let me sum up a few important mails to the curiously named thread " Core:
DRUPAL-5 branched " and let me add my thoughts.

Neil said that he would like paths like
http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_menu/6.x so that we can have tabs
per version.

Then came the question (Derek, I tink) -- what should reside on
http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_menu?

Earnie Boyd followed up to this: upgrade instructions. He thinks it's a
lot of work. But it's not -- we already write these for the handbook. It
might be some work restructure the 4.7 -> 5 instructions into this but the
5 -> 6 already can be written into a new structure. What remains is
deciding this structure. I suggest using another .php let's say update.php
besides hook.php and friends and free-form Doxygen describing the
transition where necessary for each hook. So the 4.7 -> 5 restructure will
become a matter of copy-paste.

Regards

NK