[development] adoption for 'abandoned' modules?

Darren Oh darrenoh at sidepotsinternational.com
Sun Jan 21 05:52:26 UTC 2007

On Jan 20, 2007, at 10:31 PM, Angela Byron wrote:

> We shouldn't be encouraging people to e-mail maintainers. We should
> be encouraging people to use issue queues, because that's where
> community development and support happens. I specifically disabled
> my contact form for this reason. I know other maintainers have as
> well.

The point is for one person with an active interest in the module to
be able to check with developers to see why they are not responding
to the issue queue. I've been told several times to check with the
module maintainer when a module I was interested seemed to be
abandoned. Two modules have been turned over to me when I reported
that the maintainer's contact form was disabled. It would have been
nice to have been able to ask the former maintainers if they intended
to be actively involved in future development.