[development] adoption for 'abandoned' modules?

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Sun Jan 21 03:40:05 UTC 2007

Angela Byron wrote:
> Drupal.org provides a built-in means of contacting maintainers to get
> support: issues tagged "support request" ... responsible maintainers
> will be watching their issue queues and responding to these. A huge
> added advantage is that other people can search the issue queue for
> their same issue. E-mail, on the other hand, goes into a black hole,
> benefits no one apart from the support requester, and results in the
> maintainer having to repeat themselves over and over again.
>
> We shouldn't be encouraging people to e-mail maintainers. We should  be
> encouraging people to use issue queues, because that's where  community
> development and support happens. I specifically disabled my  contact
> form for this reason. I know other maintainers have as well.

+1. The issue queue is an excellent support medium that is currently lacking
some amount of visibility and is a little troublesome for newer users because
it has a lot of things that aren't relevant to support requests that, with some
coding work, could be eliminated.

My ideal is to be able to treat support requests like a forum attached to the
project.