[development] Referential integrity -- finally?

adrian rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Mon Jan 22 10:31:40 UTC 2007

On 20 Jan 2007, at 5:56 PM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> When talking with people of the PostgreSQL community, for example,
> it is clear that they steer away from Drupal, because we don't take
> their industry serious.  By adding support for referential
> integrity, we're reaching out to people that know more about
> databases.  It wouldn't hurt to have some database experts in our
> community.

Maintaining schemas is still a lot of work,. and i fear adding
another layer of complexity to it will start making it unmanageable.

Oracle, MSSQL, db2, mysql, sql lite, postgresql.

This means we're going to be doing essentially the same work 6 times
over. And that's only for core, the majority of contrib
modules will still not work on other db's.

I also seriously doubt that just adding referential integrity is
going to draw lots of postgresql experts out of the ether..

--
   Adrian