[development] Drupal 5 Themer Pack::Sympal Theme

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Mon Jan 22 16:48:07 UTC 2007

Op maandag 22 januari 2007 17:17, schreef jason at jayro.net:
> Though, I still have a question, why use "drupal_render($form)"
> instead of simply using "search_box"? And where is "search_box"
> defined (if anyone knows of hand)?

Two things:
1) you may have noticed the TODO? This tpl.php must be made into a normal
chunk of XHTML rather then calling some internal Drupal function (which, in
turn calls another theme function trough some api, etc)

2) By asking your question, "where it is defined", you have answered the
actual question :), and you mention the most important reason for making this
all .tpl.php files. By defining the HTML we have such a form in a consintent,
place. Once ALL stuff is defined in .tpl.php files, one no longer needs to
ask himsef "where the F does thát piece of HTML come from?", but simply has
to open the proper .tpl.php file and go like 'aah, so, that is where I can
add another sliding door-wrapper-DIV'.

Bèr

--
Drupal, Ruby on Rails and Joomla! development: webschuur.com | Drupal hosting:
www.sympal.nl