[development] Drupal 5 Themer Pack

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Tue Jan 23 16:34:57 UTC 2007

Earl Miles wrote:
> o Drupal does not have enough good themers working on the project.
> o A lot of themers are simply unable to identify themable code in
> Drupal. They're just not PHP coders, that's not what they do.
> o A lot of themers who can are unable to even deal with a lot of the
> currently themable code in Drupal because there is too much logic in it.

I haven't followed the details of the whole conversation, but having
watched a two-day theming workshop with about 30 attendees, and seen the
questions they put forward, I'd say that Earl's identified needs are
right on target.

Finding themable code, and overcoming the large amount of logic in
certain key themable functions, is a big issue.

--Jeff