[development] Is DRUPAL-5 branch necessary for module?

drupaladmin at misterwhipple.com drupaladmin at misterwhipple.com
Tue Jan 23 17:46:28 UTC 2007

andrew morton wrote:
> I feel the same way. And if you're trying to keep track of bug fixes
> for 4.7 that leaves you with two branches and HEAD. I guess the
> realistic way to do it would be develop live on HEAD and then back
> port to the DRUPAL-5 branch.

But, why bother updating HEAD at all? If a module has no Drupal 6
development going on, can't all updates be made just to DRUPAL-5, and HEAD
ignored? I got the impression that single-Drupal-version development of a
module could confine all its updates to the one branch..

If someone tells CVS "give me the DRUPAL-5 branch", they'll always get the
latest thing in that branch unless they specify a release tag, right?

-Edgar