[development] Drupal 5 Themer Pack

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Jan 24 08:25:56 UTC 2007

Op dinsdag 23 januari 2007 22:46, schreef Earl Miles:
> Maybe the real issue here my believe that focussing on the XHTML is the
> wrong place to start. I want to focus with the separation of logic and
> presentation, and IMO it's very important to not change the fundamental
> output while doing that. It becomes trying to accomplish too many things in
> one step.

Okay. To summarize for all the people in this thread:
 * Sympal theme is an attempt to improve the XHTML. It is a basetheme that
comes with many pre-made .tpl.php files which you can use to change into your
own preferred XHTML.
 * Theme pack is an attempt to split out logic and presentation more. This wll
be achieved by creating many pre-made .tpl.php files which you can use to
change into your own preferred XHTML.

So, I think both should be used in separate cases but both can work together
very well. Here are my plans:
* I will continue to make more .tpl.php files for sympal_theme, thereby
maintaining a consistent XHTML structure and predictable IDs and Classes.
* Whenever there are many more tpl.php files release by Theme Pack, I will try
to look for a smoother way to get these files into sympal theme, thereby
changing them to maintain that consistent XHTML and so on.

Once Theme Pack reaches step #5, I think we can look how/if the structure of
Sympal theme suits the needs for the "experts to look at the XHTML". But I
think it may be a good idea to read up on
http://www.stuffandnonsense.co.uk/archives/whats_in_a_name_pt2.html and the
links in there. That is the best documentation of how I ordered the XHTML. If
people like that concept, we may alreay have the biggest part of 5 done :)

Bèr
--
Drupal, Ruby on Rails and Joomla! development: webschuur.com | Drupal hosting:
www.sympal.nl