[development] Drupal 5 Themer Pack and Sympal

FGM fgm at osinet.fr
Tue Jan 23 22:02:37 UTC 2007

Hi Bèr, Earl,

Although, as you know, I'm not much of a themer, I happen to have already
done some thinking tangentially related to both your approaches: it's the
theme of "multichannel" drupal, or how to access/use a drupal site without a
web browser.

For my own needs, this stems from the need for back-office GTK-based apps
accessing the e-commerce front office; for others, it might be serving cHTML
or even WAP.

I think that considering this type of scenarios might guide both these
projects and their possible convergence/cohabitation: both a set of
consistent xml ids, and the ability to have a no-HTML output or, if
necessary, an HTML output with consistent id/class naming make it easier to
create the transforms used that can be used in these more challenging
(drupal-wise) environments. So it might also make it easier on future theme
developers.

Just my 0.02...

FGM