[development] Is DRUPAL-5 branch necessary for module?

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Thu Jan 25 04:22:35 UTC 2007

I've been corrected on this assumption before.  Just because you create a branch for DRUPAL-5 doesn't mean you've agreed to do any commits to it, or port any new features to it.  Think of it as insurance.  You can still do all your development in HEAD and then branch from it when you need to make a new 5.x release .   If you ever do.  You may never need it, but if you get a critical bug that need's fixing while in the middle of making radical changes in HEAD, you (and your project users) will be glad that you had the DRUPAL-5 branch to make that fix in. In the meantime, blissfully put all your new features in head and when you get a new major release, branch and tag, baby!

See Derek, I really did drink the KoolAide.

Dave