[development] Drag and Drop UI standards

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Thu Jan 25 16:27:38 UTC 2007

On Thursday, 25. January 2007 16:36, Syscrusher wrote:
> I do, too, in concept, but the point I'm making is that they are not fully
> browser-independent yet.

I'm a heavy Konqueror user, but I would argue against waiting for Konqueror
compatibility, as long as it works at least well enough to be usable at all,
or degrades gracefully.

If it's standards-compliant JavaScript, the bug is up to the Konqueror
developers to fix, it's not the web developers' responsibility.
(...and the Konqueror devs have explicitely said so.) Don't work
around Konqueror bugs, rather write up a bug report on bugs.kde.org
and wait for it to be fixed.

That's better for the web, and better for Konqueror as well.