[development] breadcrumbs

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sun Jan 28 09:47:57 UTC 2007

> * Based on a menu hierarchy

It seems everyone is married to the menu idea. What you guys seems to forget that an overwhelming number of pages do not appear in your menu. taxonomy/term/1 , taxonomy/term/1+2 , node/648543675643854 and so on. I think it's a waste trying to figure out a way the menu system could provide a breadcrumb. Of course, in the rare case when it is a menu item, the chain of menu items to be clicked could be a breadcrumb. That's another scheme indeed but I do not think it could be the base to fall back to -- too rare.