[development] breadcrumbs

Zohar Stolar z.stolar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 18:55:44 UTC 2007

Karoly Negyesi wrote:

>> By default, the breadcrumb should follow the menu structure, IMO.
>>

> Just tell me what is "the menu structure". Is it the router structure? Ie. if I have node/123, then the next up is node. Is it the menu structure? The links you click to reach the page? This is doable.

At least for me, the "menu structure", as far as breadcrumbs are
concerned, is not the way Drupal defines a menu (e.g. a 2 miles long
array of paths and callbacks), but the way the user perceives it - a
simple, visible hierarchy, that is defined by the administrator, through
the admin/build/menu interface.

So node/123 could show, by default, its menu parent, if there is one
defined, or "main", or "home", in case there is no parent (in case
node/123 is not included in a user-defined menu).