[development] Drupal 6 release schedule

Raven Brooks ravenbrooks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 23:24:36 UTC 2007

Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

> You are probably wrong there.

My apologies, I gave you the benefit of the doubt - won't happen again.

>What do you want? I even wrote "please". (Which was the part which I
really didn't mean, if you want to know.)
>Sorry, but if he can't operate google, then he's on the wrong mailing list.

Well for starters it might be a nice general rule to just not send anything
if you are only going to write something that is not only unproductive but
also rude and condescending.

Just *try* to put yourself in the shoes of a new developer to the Drupal
project for a second.  Is it better to be completely condescending when
someone asks a question thereby giving them a bad impression of the
developer community or would it be better to either a) not say anything or
b) be polite and helpful?  Option b shows leadership because you've
potentially won a new developer to work on the project.  Option a is
available if you really don't care or can't do option b.

Now if someone is being clearly annoying a personal message to that person
may be in order, but it certainly isn't out of line for someone new to the
list to ask a question like that and if your standard is that they should be
aware of every conversation that has ever taken place since drupal began,
well that's just ridiculous and insane.  People get interested in things
topically, and the first impulse isn't--and shouldn't be--maybe I should
consult google to see if that was discussed before because that indicates
some kind of final decision when that isn't what this is.  I've seen long
standing things change at the drop of a hat when someone makes a case for
them, and that should be encouraged.