[development] Coder Style review to RTBC (was RTBC - how does it work?)

Doug Green douggreen at douggreenconsulting.com
Mon Jul 2 11:16:20 UTC 2007

There's been mention of style.pl, but IMHO coder does a better job.  Am I
reading that a hookable version of the coder style review has potential to
being plugged into the RTBC process?  If so, I'll create an issue to gather
people's ideas on how this should work.

I'm thinking that the system would need to checkout the latest head, apply
the patch, run a hookable version of the coder style review, return a status
(TRUE/FALSE or ranking 1-10, 10 being good), and store the full text results
for display.  This probably shouldn't be done on the d.o architecture for
performance reasons.

Doug Green
904-583-3342
www.douggreenconsulting.com

Bringing Ideas to Life with Software Artistry and Invention...
Providing open source software political solutions