[development] taking a break, part deux

Chad Phillips -- Apartment Lines chad at apartmentlines.com
Mon Jul 2 17:54:46 UTC 2007

recent events regarding the deletion API have given me pause, and i'm
feeling like some time off for perspective would be a good thing.

i've deleted all ongoing core work from my machine, and unassigned
myself from all issues in the queue.  my intention is to not do any
core work or patch reviews until the Drupal 7 development cycle, at
the earliest.

while the deletion API rollback was personally very frustrating (and
i think suggestive of the need for some tweaking in our dev process
somewhere), i'm not taking it personally -- i know everyone involved
in the issue was doing what they thought was best for drupal, and we
just had different perspectives.

i'm sure i'll still be around in IRC and/or available for comments or
opinions -- just don't ask me to do any real work...  ;)

the gauntlet has now been thrown.  will the specter of drupal core
development draw me back into it's evil clutches this cycle??  only
time will tell...  ;)