[development] taking a break, part deux

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 18:56:07 UTC 2007

On 02 Jul 2007, at 19:54, Chad Phillips -- Apartment Lines wrote:

> recent events regarding the deletion API have given me pause, and
> i'm feeling like some time off for perspective would be a good thing.

I understand that the experience was frustrating.  Let me stress that
it wasn't an easy decision to make.  I don't like to hurt people's
feelings, and I knew I would.  Trust me, I've lost sleep over it.

But ultimately, I decided that I needed to do what I believe is best
for Drupal in the long term.  Unfortunately, I can't let personal
feelings dictate my decision making.  I'd lose sleep over that as
well.  So when it comes down to situations like this, I have to make
decisions based on technical merit even if that hurts people's feelings.

So, Chad, I'm looking forward to work with you after your break. :)