[development] Drupal 6 code freeze
walkah at walkah.net
Mon Jul 2 18:45:25 UTC 2007
On 7/2/07 2:33 PM, andrew morton wrote:
> On 7/2/07, Dries Buytaert <dries at buytaert.net> wrote:
>> 3. We want the file API to go in and it's 95% ready. It would be a
>> shame to hold it back.
> I'm really glad to hear that. I've posted an updated patch. I'll be
> around all week to help get it wrapped up.
Yep, glad to see this on the list, I'd be willing to put some hours in
this week as well to help close that final 5%.
>> PS: I realize it is tempting to beg for more extensions, but please
>> think twice before you do. I've carefully compiled this list, and by
>> asking for more extensions, you jeopardize the success of the six
>> patches. I want to see us take care of these 6 patches more than
>> anything else.
> I hate to be that guy, but I was hoping you could at least look at:
> The short summary is that it cleans up the image tookit API and
> converts the toolkits into modules rather than .inc files. The main
> benefit is that it allows us to leverage all the development
> infrastructure that's built around modules (update status,
> hook_requirements, etc) rather than .inc files.
> I'm fine with won't fix or postponed. I just hate having put all the
> time in to have never been able to get a review from a core committer.
I was actually running through a last minute review of this when the
freeze email came through. As the creator of the original image toolkit
mess - I'd like to see this one squeak in too if possible. It cleans up
a lot of the confusion around toolkit - essentially by making them
something more familiar and re-using that infrastructure.
James Walker :: http://walkah.net/ :: xmpp:walkah at walkah.net
More information about the development